An update on how things are going with the classroom I’m working with from Kelowna:
- They have finished their infographics
- Most have posted them to their blogs for me to see
- We’re still working on ways I can comment on their blogs (Weebly student blogs… :s)
Responses from the assignment:
- Students liked the opportunity to build an Infographic and share facts in a more interactive way (than a paper).
- It took students longer to build and share their Infographics than expected (as reported by the classroom teacher).
- This was based on slow computers
- Disagreeing with the proposed tool for building their Infographic
- Not knowing how to embed their projects
- Students liked that they got to choose their own topic.
- Students said they would like to create an Infographic again (likely that the second time would go much smoother).
- Here are some examples of student work: