13 people filled out my form on technology use during internship
- 8/9 (of those who answered) did their internship in an elementary school.
- Only 3 of you felt that you used “tons” of technology in the classroom, the rest admitted they could have used more.
- The following chart demonstrates the types of technology used:
- The following chart demonstrates the various limitations we had when trying to use technology:
- Lastly, 3 out of 13 gave students the option to hand in assignments online and the rest chose to not.
In summary, I am most interested in the limitations we had when trying to work with technology, nearly half of those who answered felt that they were not comfortable using technology in their classrooms – throw me into this group as well. As technology is a tool which is available and should be used to enhance learning, maybe we need to be better educated in this area throughout our undergraduate degrees? This course is one of the first opportunities I have had to learn about all the opportunities to integrate technology into our classrooms… and I chose to take this course, rather than it being a required part of my degree. I have been given vague guidelines in other classes, but nothing that made me feel comfortable with actually using (as much) technology as there is available. Technology isn’t going away and I think we should be more prepared to use it in our classrooms for the betterment of our students.